Saturday, June 18, 2011

Late Hospital Visit

(me at just over 35 weeks. Sorry for not a good belly shot. Kyle


is gone all day and by the time he's home I forget to have him


take a side profile of myself.) Last night at around mid night I woke Kyle up because I was having really strong contractions that were coming every couple of minutes and getting closer and stronger. I told him I wanted to go to the hospital. So we loaded the kids in the car and headed to the hospital. I must say it was really interesting to see the way Kyle reacted when taking me to the hospital. We drove up to the gate to get on base and the man said to Kyle how the car wasn't registered (which is completely my fault since it's the one I drive and I was supposed to do that over the week) and that Kyle should set an example since he's an officer. I couldn't help but smile. But Kyle had no smile what so ever and said seriously to the man. "My wifes having contractions." haha. wow, Kyle was very stern which I rarely ever see him that way. He kind of made me nervous. So the guy let us go. He's never taken me to the hospital when I've been in labor and he acted nervous and and in a hurry. I checked in and found out I was already dialated to a couple of centimeters and they gave me terbutaline to stop me from going into labor since I'm 35 weeks. I only stayed in the hospital for a couple of hours until they made sure I had stopped contracting and dialating. I have to say I was actually relieved baby libby didn't come last night. I'm not prepared at all for her. No bag ready to go but I do have her swing and crib set up. Maybe in at least two more weeks I'll be more prepared.

No comments: