Thursday, April 29, 2010

The Dress I altered

Congradulations go out to Alexis and Mark Halle who tied the not yesterday!!! Kyle and I are so excited to have Mark as a brother-in-law!!!
On I different note. You might remember me talking a lot about the dress I altered to be modest for Alexis, well the time has finally come where I can show you the pictures and steps on what I did to make the dress Temple ready.

*I took off the train

*hemmed it because she is very short

*made straps to keep the dress up

*made a jacket with the left over lace from the train I took off to go over the strapless gown

*took the back and sides in to make it lay nicer because I took off the train and it layed funny after that

*we bought a beautiful broach to tie the whole dress together


This is the dress but she has it in White. After I took off the train and hemmed the dress

The Jacket I made but I hadn't put the sleeves on yet.

The wedding dress with everything done!

Doesn't she look GORGEOUS!!!

5 comments:

Ben and Aline Memmott said...

You are so talented! I think the altered dress turned out prettier than the original design. I'd love to learn to alter things!

Robins Fam said...

I am completely amazed. You did an amazing job! And yes, she looks fabulous!

Sarah said...

You did such a great job Alaynia. When I looked at the hem I remembered how at work we were going to give you the "Golden Grace Kelly" award. Looks like you're still an expert on that kind of dress. Congrats to your sister by that way, that so exciting!

Meg said...

Wow! Sooo beautiful! Good job, Alaynia and Alexis-we're so happy for you!

Tucker & Tiffany said...

Great job!! That is impressive! Alexis looks beautiful!