Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Potty Training Lexi

So I asked Kyle to please potty train Lexi. After potty training Casey I never wanted to do it again! haha. It was that bad! It took Casey 7 months to be fully potty trained and I always had to make him go every couple of hours since he didn't want to go on his own. It was hard!
So we decided on Saturday since Kyle was off work. He put Lexi in Minnie undies and gave her this enthusiastic talk about how sad Minnie would be if she wet on her. 10 minutes later SHE tells Kyle she needs to go potty on the toilet and she went! After I saw that I decided I could take over! haha! That first day she was trying to figure out when she needed to go and only had 3 accidents. On day 2 of potty training...no accidents and she told us when she needed to go and we would ask her sometimes if she did. Day 3 of potty training... no accidents and I haven't had to ask her once if she needed to go potty on the toilet. She always came to me. She also did number 2 which to me seems pretty big to do on the toilet. Day 4...the exact same thing. No accidents and she even told me she had to go at a friends house! She actually took the time to stop playing and tell me she needed to go potty! So proud of her! Casey always got distracted and would have many accidents. This is how I imagined potty training would be like! I'm glad we have so many girls! If all of them are like Lexi then I'm in Heaven!

4 comments:

Alexis said...

I hope Connie's as good as her with potty training! I can't wait to see you guys in 5 days and counting! Oh and cute picture of Lexi and her adorable smile!

Kunz Family said...

Thanks! We're so excited too! Casey took that picture of Lexi! Isn't he a good photographer!

Alexis said...

I love that Casey took this picture!

Dave and Lizzie said...

Lucky girl. Wish my boys were that easy. I guess I still have some hope for Nora... Lexi is so cute.