Friday, August 27, 2010

A Twist on CNS

So the other night I made homemade chicken noodle soup (Emerils Recipe) and I ended up cooking the noodles way to long. They were so mushy I couldn't even eat it and I felt bad serving it to Kyle for dinner. But after we ate what we could which wasn't much I decided to seperate the yucky soggy noodles from the vegetables and broth. After I stored it in the fridge and thought about what I could do with all the leftovers....The next day a brilliant idea popped into my mind! I'll make CHICKEN POT PIE out of the leftovers. So I made a rue and added the chicken broth until it got thick and then added the vegetables and put it all in a big 11x13 glass baking pan. I made dough (barefoot contessa Recipe) and layed it on top. I baked it for an hour in the oven and it came out soo delicious! Kyle asked for the pot pie for days after!

No comments: