Monday, May 28, 2012

Memorial Day

We had a great Memorial Day! We had a picnic on the beach with our ward and invited our neighbors, the Nego Family. It was a lot of fun! Then after a long day of beach fun we came home and I made baby back ribs with cooked vegetables. I try to take the kids out every evening during the retreat. Tonight was no different and I love seeing my kids put their hands over their hearts. I love teaching them the pledge of allegiance. I want them to be patriotic and to love this country like Kyle and I do. For those that don't know since we live on base every morning at 6:30am they raise the flag (relvelrie) and every evening at 5:00pm except Thursday at 3:00 pm they take down the flag (retreat). I love when I time it just right and I walk out of the commissary at 5:00pm to see everyone stopped with their hands over their hearts. It's AH-mazing! I love it! I'm grateful for my sweet husband who's helped fight for this free country that God has given to us! I'm grateful for all the other soldiers who've given their lives and who have served. The other night Kyle and I learned a friend from BOLC died in Afghanistan from an IED and it made me feel so sad for his sweet wife and children. I thought of them today as I watched Kyle play at the beach with the kids and how blessed I am to have my husband with me today. Kyle and I have talked about his deployment and he's had to seen some things and do things that I would never want to do. I love how willing Kyle is to lay down his life for others and how he wants to protect me and the children. He's such a wonderful Husband, Father, & Soldier. I love him so much and I can't imagine this life without him. I'm grateful that death will not stop us from being together.....

No comments: